Want to get away? Head home? Go see your school’s football game? For college students, last-minute travel is just par for the course. While your options may be limited, there are still some easy ways to get good travel deals for students.
- Student Travel Deals by Kathleen Crislip. About.com’s Guide to Student Travel can be a great place to start. Each week, she writes about the current student airfare deals. It’s worth a read!
- Travel search sites like kayak.com or farecast.com. By entering your information into these sites, their search engines will crawl a variety of travel sites and let you know who has the best deal. Additionally, they’ll let you know if you should wait a few more days because the price is likely to drop.
- Ask for student discounts with an airline. Many airlines, such as American Airlines, offer discounts specifically for college students. Snoop around and see what they have to offer before you buy anything.
- Check with your campus. Some campuses have on-site travel agencies or agreements with local companies. They might have access to travel discounts that you otherwise wouldn’t have access to.
- Don’t forget about the bus and train. If you’re short on cash, taking the bus or the train is always an option. And many companies, like Greyhound and Amtrak, offer even further discounts for college students who can present a valid student ID.
Do you like this post?